Skip to main content

Passport saga

This poem was inspired by the current problems that Jamaicans are having with the scheduled increase in passport fees. I've been looking at the comments of many Jamaicans who seem rather incentive about the issue but I just smile because one day I might just find themselves in a position where they may finally understand why so many have taken this so hard.

Passport Saga
By:Saccheen Laing

The sun hot bad man 
Look how long me stand up in a this line just cause me can't afford the 2000 extra dimes
Oh God man I'm sure this is a crime
Just to get a new passport I have to endure all of this?
One week notice them give us and never expect the bomb rush and the heckle and beckle 
 The head of PICA lock up tight tight a enjoy her a/c
While the heat from the sun a terrorize we
The flight of the poor shall go on
No little mercy on us who only get the little 5grand 

Just to show that I am a Jamaican man
I wake up from before the sun rise above the land 
Join this line to ensure that I am amongst the first thousand 
Tell me is so the suffering ago continue for us the poor ones?
Many say we should just save and pay the extra 2grand 
It's easier said for those who have the upper hand
We have to fight to protect the little that lands in our hands
The passport saga look bad on us man

I hold on tight on my little ones
The huff and puff behind me increases as the gate begins to shake 
Any other day I would think is an earthquake
My children cry out as the crowd covers them 
The passport saga reflects the disorder that covers the island
Increases left, right and centre but no one ever considers the poorest who live in Jamdung


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14092621/?claim=rypyu44asf7">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>




Comments

Donate

Popular posts from this blog

TVJ Schools' Challenge Quiz Prizes

The buzzer ignited the excitement in my veins for many years. I grew up watching TVJ Schools' Challenge Quiz and I saw it as a means of once again unifying the nation through friendly rivalry. As the years rolled by things started to change and the blatant favouritism could be seen coming from our television screens. The power of some of the more prominent high schools would allow them to end up in the winning circle. Apart from the fun element turning into some what of a war each year, what has changed drastically is the awarding of the various prizes at the end. Throughout the years we could expect to see students from some of the participating schools coming forward to collect their various prizes at the end of the competition. We looked forward to hearing what the students would be awarded for their hard workout throughout the season. Apparently, this was deemed to be too much of a problem to broadcast so it was eliminated completely. All we see now is the winner collecti

This World

  A world where people don't love you if you can't supply them with all the material things they need. A world where people marry just to get citizenship in a country. A world where the most educated aren't the ones given the best of jobs. A world where the television and internet are left to teach our children values. A world where the leaders of the church spend more money on church buildings tha n feeding the poor. A world where children receive guns before they receive a book to read. A world where in one half of the world people fight for an apple to eat while in the other we pick,choose and refuse what to eat. A world where we cry when we have no new clothes or shoes but some have never felt the warmth of a shirt and pants on their cold flesh. A world where politicians get increases in pay while the citizens are placed on wage freeze for years. A world where everybody proclaims they can't trust anybody. A world where girls value are always occupied with their look

Feeling Behind in Life & Not Having it Together in my 30's