Skip to main content

Let's Talk Inspiration


In quiet moments where are your thoughts? Do you constantly focus on the things you lack or the things that you are blessed with? I found myself dwelling a lot on the things that I lacked in my quiet moments until I realized that I was draining myself worrying more than being appreciative. We live in a world where we can find inspiration on all corners but some of us choose to walk on the straight path and ignore the turns for inspirations. Don't act as if you are always strong and you've never been weak. Don't act like you've never found yourself in a hopeless situation. One thing I tell myself daily is that I never have all the answers so everyday I wake up I try to grow in my personal and spiritual development. Many of us spend too much of our time trying to explain the concept of love rather than actually showing love. Many of us spend too much time trying to explain why we are good people than actually showing our goodness. We have found ourselves being overly expressive in words and not expressive in deeds. It is so rare to come across people who are happy with themselves. People who aren't aware of trends and are simply just floating on their own ocean and not disturbed by the current of the world. There are those of us who pray daily to be blessed with good people in our lives but we never pray for the ability to be able to appreciate and be good to these people when we do get them. So we are continually blessed with good people but we don't know what to do with them so we lose them. We pray for financial gains but we don't pray for the knowledge to be able to balance our investments so we lose them.  We pray for obedient and spiritual children but we don't pray for the guidance in how we should lead them so we fail as parents. In everything we pray for we need to pray for clarity in how we approach the blessings we receive. What I am proudest of in my life is that I have grown. There was a time when I found myself wanting to fit into the bubble of the world now I just stand and watch the bubble float on by. I implore each and everyone to just embrace growth and keep learning to focus on your blessings in your quiet moments.

Comments

Donate

Popular posts from this blog

TVJ Schools' Challenge Quiz Prizes

The buzzer ignited the excitement in my veins for many years. I grew up watching TVJ Schools' Challenge Quiz and I saw it as a means of once again unifying the nation through friendly rivalry. As the years rolled by things started to change and the blatant favouritism could be seen coming from our television screens. The power of some of the more prominent high schools would allow them to end up in the winning circle. Apart from the fun element turning into some what of a war each year, what has changed drastically is the awarding of the various prizes at the end. Throughout the years we could expect to see students from some of the participating schools coming forward to collect their various prizes at the end of the competition. We looked forward to hearing what the students would be awarded for their hard workout throughout the season. Apparently, this was deemed to be too much of a problem to broadcast so it was eliminated completely. All we see now is the winner collecti

This World

  A world where people don't love you if you can't supply them with all the material things they need. A world where people marry just to get citizenship in a country. A world where the most educated aren't the ones given the best of jobs. A world where the television and internet are left to teach our children values. A world where the leaders of the church spend more money on church buildings tha n feeding the poor. A world where children receive guns before they receive a book to read. A world where in one half of the world people fight for an apple to eat while in the other we pick,choose and refuse what to eat. A world where we cry when we have no new clothes or shoes but some have never felt the warmth of a shirt and pants on their cold flesh. A world where politicians get increases in pay while the citizens are placed on wage freeze for years. A world where everybody proclaims they can't trust anybody. A world where girls value are always occupied with their look

Feeling Behind in Life & Not Having it Together in my 30's